Thursday, February 14, 2013

why and oscars

I need to write more and remember more so that's where this blog came from. I haven't kept anything but a tumblr in ages, so we'll see how this goes. I think I've started thinking in short-form due to my excess use of tumblr, so it will be nice to write in paragraphs again. Hi. I'm Sarah. I'm a college sophomore at La Salle University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. I like a lot of things including but not limited to quesadillas and Disney films. 

And now I'm going to talk about the Oscars which are coming on the 24th of February. I always liked the Oscars, but it really became A Thing in 2011 when The Social Network was nominated for best picture and Jesse Eisenberg for Best Actor. I was mildly obsessed and ever since then, for the past three Oscars I have tried and failed to watch all the films nominated for Best Picture. So far this year, I've got seven out ten. Technically six out ten since I watched 40 minutes of Lincoln  and gave up because-- and I'm sorry if you really enjoyed this film-- I thought it was awful and boring and omg I just could not sit through it. I still have Argo, Amour, and Zero Dark Thirty left to watch, but from what I've seen so far, I really love Silver Linings Playbook. I might be biased since it was shot in Philly, but I thought Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence worked really well together (they're actually going to be co-starring again in a 2013 film, Serena) and it's the only movie I went back and watched second time. 

What I'm doing for the rest of the day:
watching President Obama Answers America's Questions google hangout at 4:50 
making vegan fajitas for dinner (I gave up meat for Lent) if I can get to the grocery store
watching the new Vampire Diaries at 8

No comments:

Post a Comment